I’m going to break down the petition to cancel FarCry5 as the Left wing false flag that it is. I’m taking excerpts from the petition to show you how I know.
Us Gamers have had to endure a lot of crap over the last few years. The targeted harassment by the mainstream press through Gamergate, the terrible launch and outright lies of highly anticpated video games, the outright censorship of art through “localization” policies, the continued rejection of romantic partners when they find out our hobby, the appropriation of our culture by so-called “gamers” on twitter. NO MORE!
- Nobody that was on the anti-sjw side of gamer gate would say they were attacked by the main stream media, they were attacking the main stream media. It even launched several careers for people to include Milo Yiannopolous.
- Everybody plays games these days, real gamers don’t cry about being ostracized, they know better. This is a meme made up by people who don’t actually play, like calling football fans meatheads.
- WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN APPROLRIATION! THAT IS SOME SOCIAL SCIENCE COLLEGE BULLSHIT!
It’s time to draw a line in the sand. We, the American gamers that make up the majority of your userbase, demand to you cancel this game, or alter it to be less offensive to your main player base. In these times, you must understand that there might be some violent repurcussions if you intend to follow through with your pointless criticism.
- There has yet to be a threat of violence from right-wing groups. The only time we see these threats is from Antifa or Black Lives Matter.
– Change the villains. It’s not so hard, really. Just change the villains to something more realistic. Islam is on the rise in America, as is the violence of inner city gangs. Are you scared to do so? In the words of Boltair – “To learn who rules you, simply find out who’s not being criticized.”
- I highly doubt this would be the go to. I’m certain anyone on the right would rather play a game where groups of communist professors came to take your guns. This is so blatant it can’t not be intentional and it’s lack of subtlety and signalling to what a Leftist would think a right-wing person would say.
– Alter the villains. Even if you insist on making the villains American Christians, consider mixing the races a bit to not target white people exclusively. There are plenty of nationalists of every stripe and every race and creed. So throw in some blacks and Mexicans. There’s no reason a protectonist nationalist movement would all be one race? Why stop being Politicaly correct here?
- The right never assumes anyone on the Left ever stopped being politically correct, in fact, if we truly thought this game was going after Trump supporters or red states that would fall into the “politically correct” category because there’s no social or political loss from the Left for targeting white people.
– Alter the plot. It’s obvious that you continue to insist on using these characters. However with a few artistic tweaks you can save the concept entirely. Have the villains simply be misguided patriots forced into making their own nation vs. the will of an oppressive over-government, construed of all the people they turn their wrath against in their immediate surroundings. Their brutal physical and sexual violence towards their oppressors will then be explained as a reaction to harsh government policies and taxation, to show that both sides are wrong.
- There is nothing revealed in this game suggestive of sexual violence thus far unless you’re a gender studies student who sees everything as sexual violence. Plus, we’d have no problem using the word “rapey”.
– Change the setting, but only for certain markets. Look, I get that anti-Americanism plays in France, and I’m not telling you to give up on potential profits due to complaints. Wouldn’t want to be thought as one of those hypocrite feminists, right? But for America, right now, Anti-Americanism is out. You gotta play your market. Change the setting to Canada for America. This way you don’t turn away potential players due to offensiveness. Just trying to help you make more money.
- Not one person on the Right thinks anti-Americanism is out, not one. We have no problem playing a game fighting on U.S. soil, it’s what a patriot does, he defends his homeland.